4340 Extractor Kit
One of the key components of our AR-15 bolt carrier group is the 4340 Extractor. The mil-spec for this part also allows for the inferior 4140 steel alloy, and since it's less expensive and easier to work, it has been used almost exclusively in the industry. That is until we introduced our Premium BCG in 2014. Now available as a separate upgrade, our 4340 Extractor comes with a Tactical Springs/Sprinco 5 coil spring along with a mil-spec black insert. Installation by a qualified Armorer is required.
- Extractor, precision machined from 4340 tool steel alloy per SAE AMS6415T/AMS6484D, heat treat, shot peen per ASTM B851/SAE AMS2430S, markings deep laser engraved (SP = Shot Peened, 4340U = alloy type, U = Umbrella manufacture), manganese phosphate finish
- Extractor Spring (premium spring eliminates need for Crane O-Ring), Tactical Springs/Sprinco 5 coil, ASTM Grade A401 Chrome Silicon wire stock, heat treated, stress relieved, Molybdenum-Disulfide infused, cryogenic processed (all post winding)
- Mil-spec black insert/synthetic elastomer extractor buffer (nitrile-butadiene, shore hardness 80+/-5 durometer per MIL-PRF-6855)
- All components, material, and packaging made in the USA
- Unconditional guarantee against material defect and manufacturing failure