Development started in 2007 with the idea to create a more vertical grip for the platform, reducing wrist fatigue of the Operator while encouraging a more natural “elbows down” shooting posture. Magpul Design Group was consulted to exploit their knowledge, experience, and expertise of advanced polymers/plastics. Several prototypes were fielded and tested with the superior design chosen for production. This final variation, number 23, represents the combination of professional shooter feedback and engineering excellence. Grip 23, and the thinking behind its design, started a revolution in the AR-15 industry with nearly all major grip manufacturers today offering a more vertical, rifle grip angle option in their line up.
This latest model, the 23T, is the result of consumer demand for a textured solution, particularly from B5 Systems and the needs expressed by their OEM customer base. The lasered, random generated aggressive texture is well suited to humid environments where the original grip offered limited adhesion for sweaty hands. This updated design is likewise compatible with shooting gloves, but is not so rough as to necessitate their use. And based on professional feedback, the textured panels were added where necessary (front strap and side panels), but not where their benefit was negligable or detrimental (backstrap).
Umbrella Corporation AR-15 Rifle Grips are made to the finest standards and carry an unconditional guarantee against material defect and manufacturing failure. Installation by a qualified Armorer is required.
- Manufactured from premium DuPont Super Tough technology polymers
- Aggressive surface texture
- Advanced design, heat and impact resistant
- Drop-in replacement grip
- Increased Vertical grip angle with extended tang for improved ergonomics and proper trigger index
- Mil-Spec 51958 passivated Stainless Steel ¼-28 pan head #3 Phillips Screw & washer
- Additional colors available soon
- All tooling, dies, screws, packaging, and material made in the USA
- Unconditional guarantee against material defect and manufacturing failure